Are you looking for a veterinary technician role where your coworkers are like family? Look no further than Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital! Our veterinarians and veterinary technicians work together to provide the best treatment for our furry family members. We all truly work hard, work together, and have one goal in mind—the patients.
If you are someone who enjoys learning, being challenged, and working with pets, while also having a personality that is motivated, self-driven, responsible, and hard-working, Bluestar Pet Hospital may be the perfect fit for you.
Email Us your current Resume at email@example.com
We look forward to having the opportunity to meet with you!
Basic Technical Skills and Responsibilities (as described by AVMA):
- Safe Animal handling/restraint (dogs and cats)
- Surgical Prep (pre and post-op)
- Radiology Positioning and Understanding
- Anesthesia performance and intubation ideal
- Sample collection and preparation- blood, urine, feces, skin
- IV catheter placement skills/Blood draws
- Laboratory skills- preparation and interpretation of fecal, urine, ear and skin samples
- Basic pharmacology knowledge (i.e.- heartworm, flea and tick medications, antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, etc.)
- Knowledge of the veterinary field for client education and technical skills, including vaccination schedule for dogs and cats, general anatomy and medical terminology, general disease processes, etc.
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering the telephone
- Answering client questions
- Recognizing possible medical emergencies
- Setting up new clients and patients
- Prep and maintenance of medical records
- Financial transactions
- Admitting and discharging patients
- Filling prescriptions