“When will I get results?” Most people will anxiously ask this question at some point during the course of pet ownership. Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital in Riverview, FL, is equipped for in-house diagnostics, so you get answers faster.
Diagnosing a sick dog or cat
Whether your pet is sick or injured, vomiting or having diarrhea, or in for a routine wellness exam, we can provide on the spot:
- CBC – “Blood work” quantifies white and red blood cells and platelets and evaluates their shape and functionality. These tests give our veterinarians vital insight into the effectiveness of your pet’s immune system and blood oxygen supply.
- Chemistry profiles – We also analyze glucose, proteins, cholesterol, and enzymes. These elements are indicators of liver, kidney, pancreas, and other organ function, essential to dog or cat illness diagnosis.
- Endocrine testing – Your pet’s endocrine system releases hormones that regulate bodily systems. Testing can reveal abnormal hormonal responses to internal or environmental stimuli.
- Electrolyte analysis – A delicate balance of salts and metallic compounds (sodium, potassium, chloride, bicarbonate, phosphorus, and calcium) in blood serum influences nerve and heart function, how muscles and bones work together, hydration, and pH levels.
- Specimen evaluations – Examination of urine and fecal matter under magnification can identify parasite infestation, even at an early stage.
Other advanced modalities
In-house diagnostics can also bring joyful news, such as pregnancy diagnosis in dogs or evidence that oncology (cancer) treatment for your cat was successful.
Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital offers the services of a board-certified radiologist for the review of digital X-rays. We also perform pet ultrasound studies for painless internal evaluation of soft tissue masses, foreign bodies, or the build-up of fluids. A sonogram can be more economical than CT or MRI, and there is no need to travel to a university or specialty veterinary center.
Why choose a Riverview, FL practice with in-house pet diagnosis?
- In an emergency situation, quick results can save the animal’s life.
- Diagnostics help ensure safe anesthesia for surgery, routine dental care, or any other procedures such as spay, neuter, or tumor removal.
- Appropriate medical treatment can begin sooner for improved outcomes.
- You can start making informed healthcare decisions for your pet faster.
- Trips to the veterinary office are reduced (less stress for you and your pet).
The next time you wonder, “Should I use the internet to diagnose my cat or dog?” remember that accurate, professional diagnosis is available nearby at Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital in Riverview, FL.
Dr. Keshava Eega
Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital
Dr. Keshava Eega moved to the United States in 2003 to further his passion for practicing high-quality and modern veterinary medicine in a challenging environment. Having graduated from the College of Veterinary Science in Hyderabad, India, he then completed his Master’s in Animal Science and the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam in 2006. Dr. Eega then completed his clinical rotations at the Louisiana State University, School of Veterinary Medicine and subsequently obtained his license to practice Veterinary Medicine in the state of Florida. Dr. Eega possesses thirteen years of experience in corporate practice in Orlando as both an Associate Veterinarian and a Lead Doctor. Through the course of his tenure, he has gained vast and widespread experience and exposure in both the practice of high-quality veterinary medicine and soft tissue surgeries. He also possesses professional interests in preventive care, senior pet care, skin cases, nutrition, behavior and wellness exams, particularly for both cats and dogs. Dr. Eega also possesses Fear Free certification which enables him to rid pets, owners and even veterinary health care teams of fear, stress, and anxiety. Hence, in the hands of Dr. Eega, you can be assured that your pet receives modern, customized care in a comfortable environment!