Most pet health conditions are preventable, and the prognosis for countless others is greatly improved with early detection and effective treatment. A low-stress examination at Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital in Riverview, FL could add years to your pet’s life, and bring peace of mind to you.
What happens during an examination in Riverview, Brandon, Bloomingdale, Ybor City, and Tampa Bay, FL pets?
- A member of our friendly staff walks you and your pet to a treatment room.
- Our veterinarian and supporting staff ask questions about your pet’s lifestyle and health history. For a new patient, this establishes a baseline for future exams. If you are a regular client, this help us keep your pet’s records updated.
- The patient is weighed, and we record body temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- The doctor examines ears, eyes, mouth, and skin. He or she palpates (feels) lymph nodes and abdomen, evaluates the animal’s musculoskeletal system, and listens to heart and lungs.
- Together, you and the doctor review the pet’s existing health conditions and medications to determine ongoing treatment.
- Needed vaccinations are administered.
- The doctor may suggest bloodwork or other screenings based on complexity of pet’s medical condition.
- You receive recommendations for dental care, pain management, parasite control, heartworm prevention, flea and tick control, nutrition, and exercise based on your pet’s individual needs.
- The administrative team explains payment options and provides information on our affordable pet wellness plans and reputable pet health insurance programs.
When does your pet need an exam?
If you are introducing a new pet into your home, regardless of age and whether from a breeder or as a rescue, the animal should be checked by one of our veterinarians as soon as possible – for the pet’s wellbeing and for the protection of people and other animals in the household.
After an initial exam, puppies and kittens need periodic booster shots. Otherwise, frequency of exams can vary based on your pet’s breed, health status, and age. A general rule of thumb is to schedule a comprehensive examination bi-annually; then thrice a year after the animal reaches nine years of age. Giant and miniature breeds, and other types prone to health problems may benefit from more frequent exams. Our wellness plans include comprehensive physical exams and unlimited free office visits.
Animals have a strong survival instinct to hide illness and discomfort. Routine wellness examinations help to detect potential problems early, so your pet can feel better and live longer. Call Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital in Riverview, FL – also serving Brandon, Bloomingdale, Ybor City, and Tampa Bay area pet owners – at (813) 670-8881 to schedule a pet exam for your best friend.
Dr. Keshava Eega
Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital
Dr. Keshava Eega moved to the United States in 2003 to further his passion for practicing high-quality and modern veterinary medicine in a challenging environment. Having graduated from the College of Veterinary Science in Hyderabad, India, he then completed his Master’s in Animal Science and the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam in 2006. Dr. Eega then completed his clinical rotations at the Louisiana State University, School of Veterinary Medicine and subsequently obtained his license to practice Veterinary Medicine in the state of Florida. Dr. Eega possesses thirteen years of experience in corporate practice in Orlando as both an Associate Veterinarian and a Lead Doctor. Through the course of his tenure, he has gained vast and widespread experience and exposure in both the practice of high-quality veterinary medicine and soft tissue surgeries. He also possesses professional interests in preventive care, senior pet care, skin cases, nutrition, behavior and wellness exams, particularly for both cats and dogs. Dr. Eega also possesses Fear Free certification which enables him to rid pets, owners and even veterinary health care teams of fear, stress, and anxiety. Hence, in the hands of Dr. Eega, you can be assured that your pet receives modern, customized care in a comfortable environment!