They have helped countless families in the Riverview, FL area get new pets off to a great start with a combination of medical attention, guidance on home care, and advice on training and behavior management. Also servicing in areas such as Brandon, Bloomingdale, Ybor City, Tampa Bay, and Wesley Chapel area.
Conscientious puppy or kitten care starts with a checkup
Your first visit to Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital should occur as soon as possible. This nose-to-tail examination is the foundation for monitoring your new pet’s ongoing health and physical development. Your little one receives gentle attention in a low-stress environment, forging a good attitude toward veterinary care for life.
At this visit, you can expect:
- A comprehensive, hands-on physical examination including a check of eyes, ears, nose, mouth, body temperature, heart rate, and respiration.
- The animal is evaluated for intestinal parasites, based on a fecal sample you bring along to the appointment. If your pet has worms, don’t panic. This is very common in puppies and kittens, and safely addressed with appropriate medications.
- Depending on the animal’s age, vaccinations may be started. You also receive a schedule for upcoming boosters to optimize your pet’s protection.
- The veterinarian talks with you about the special nutritional needs of puppies and kittens. Starting a premium diet early helps to avoid many health issues throughout life.
- The doctor explains the microchipping process. This form of permanent identification is especially important with young pets whose budding curiosity may lead them to escape the safe confines of home or yard.
Your chance to ask questions
This visit is a terrific opportunity to get advice from experienced veterinary professionals on any concerns you might have with your puppy or kitten. Our team is happy to share information on crate training, litterbox training, potty training, friendly play, exercise, and more.
At Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital in Riverview, FL, puppy and kitten care is more than vaccinations. Our team is there every step of the way, helping you through the frustrations and sharing your joy in having happy, healthy companion. Puppy and kitten owners who live near Riverview, Brandon, Bloomingdale, Ybor City, Tampa Bay and Wesley Chapel area, call (813) 670-8881 to schedule an appointment for the fur-baby newly added to your family.
Dr. Keshava Eega
Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital
Dr. Keshava Eega moved to the United States in 2003 to further his passion for practicing high-quality and modern veterinary medicine in a challenging environment. Having graduated from the College of Veterinary Science in Hyderabad, India, he then completed his Master’s in Animal Science and the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam in 2006. Dr. Eega then completed his clinical rotations at the Louisiana State University, School of Veterinary Medicine and subsequently obtained his license to practice Veterinary Medicine in the state of Florida. Dr. Eega possesses thirteen years of experience in corporate practice in Orlando as both an Associate Veterinarian and a Lead Doctor. Through the course of his tenure, he has gained vast and widespread experience and exposure in both the practice of high-quality veterinary medicine and soft tissue surgeries. He also possesses professional interests in preventive care, senior pet care, skin cases, nutrition, behavior and wellness exams, particularly for both cats and dogs. Dr. Eega also possesses Fear Free certification which enables him to rid pets, owners and even veterinary health care teams of fear, stress, and anxiety. Hence, in the hands of Dr. Eega, you can be assured that your pet receives modern, customized care in a comfortable environment!