Spaying and neutering – for a happier, healthier pet in Riverview, FL
Have you decided to add a new pet to your family? Or perhaps you are wondering, “Should I neuter my male dog or male cat?” or “Should spay my female dog or female cat?” with regard to a pet you have had for many years. In either case, congratulations! You have taken an important step in responsible pet ownership. Our veterinarians at Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital in Riverview, FL will guide you through the spaying and neutering process.
About the procedure
Spaying or ovariohysterectomy involves removal of reproductive organs (generally ovaries and uterus) from a female dog or cat. Neutering is removal of testicles from a male. Both procedures are performed under general anesthesia in our sterile, OR suite. An overnight stay may be recommended for females if needed. When pet owners follow sensible post-operative instruction, both male and female pets tend to recover quickly, with minimal complications.
Benefits for you and your pet
- Spay reduces risk of uterine infection and breast tumors.
- Neuter prevents testicular cancer and avoids some prostate problems.
- Females no longer go into heat, so you do not have to deal with frequent urination, blood spotting, or unwanted suitors in the yard.
- Males are less likely to roam and get into fights. There is reduced tendency to mark territory (spray) or be aggressive.
- Altered pets stay trim and healthy with proper nutrition and exercise.
- Spay/neuter is cost effective compared to veterinary care for a pregnant female and support of a litter.
- You are helping to control the overall problem of unwanted pets in this country, reducing shelter overpopulation and euthanization.
Have you searched the internet for “where to neuter or spay my dog” or “cat neutering near me?” Pet owners who live in Riverview, Brandon, Bloomingdale, Ybor City, Tampa Bay, and Wesley Chapel area, just call Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital for experienced pet spaying and neutering services in Riverview, FL.
Dr. Keshava Eega
Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital
Dr. Keshava Eega moved to the United States in 2003 to further his passion for practicing high-quality and modern veterinary medicine in a challenging environment. Having graduated from the College of Veterinary Science in Hyderabad, India, he then completed his Master’s in Animal Science and the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam in 2006. Dr. Eega then completed his clinical rotations at the Louisiana State University, School of Veterinary Medicine and subsequently obtained his license to practice Veterinary Medicine in the state of Florida. Dr. Eega possesses thirteen years of experience in corporate practice in Orlando as both an Associate Veterinarian and a Lead Doctor. Through the course of his tenure, he has gained vast and widespread experience and exposure in both the practice of high-quality veterinary medicine and soft tissue surgeries. He also possesses professional interests in preventive care, senior pet care, skin cases, nutrition, behavior and wellness exams, particularly for both cats and dogs. Dr. Eega also possesses Fear Free certification which enables him to rid pets, owners and even veterinary health care teams of fear, stress, and anxiety. Hence, in the hands of Dr. Eega, you can be assured that your pet receives modern, customized care in a comfortable environment!