It can be hard to find time to fit in your pet’s annual exam with today’s busy schedules, especially if they seem perfectly healthy. Do you need to take them in each year? In short, the answer is a resounding yes! Annual wellness exams are not only one of the best ways to prevent illnesses in your pet but also a way to catch any new issues your dog or cat may be experiencing before they become more complex and costly to treat. At Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital in Riverview, Florida, we make annual exams convenient and comfortable for both you and your pet.
Personalized wellness care for every stage of your pet’s life
Cats and dogs have unique needs at each stage of their life. Puppies and kittens are at greater risk of certain illnesses until they have received their complete set of preventive vaccines. At the same time, older animals begin to suffer from mobility, heart health, and other conditions associated with advancing age. During your pet’s wellness visit, we will provide personalized care that is designed for their specific needs, including a careful examination of their:
- Teeth and mouth: we will check for signs of periodontal disease, oral cancer, tooth abscesses, or other oral health problems
- Skin: pets can suffer from allergies just like humans, which can lead to itchy skin. Additionally, we will check your pet for any signs of lumps, infections, and pests such as fleas, ticks, and mites
- Eyes: in addition to acute problems such as dry eye or corneal ulcers that any pet can experience, aging pets can develop glaucoma, cataracts, and other diseases of the eye that can lead to pain or progressive blindness
- Joints: unfortunately, many pets suffer from degenerative issues such as arthritis, back disease, and hip dysplasia, causing pain and a reduction in mobility
- Organs such as the heart, liver, and kidneys: we may suggest routine bloodwork to ensure that your pet’s organs are functioning properly
- Digestive system: parasites and infections can cause discomfort and long-term nutritional deficiencies for your pet, but fortunately, there are effective treatments available to eliminate them from your pet’s system
Besides, we will use your pet’s annual exam to answer any questions you have about their care or health and give them any vaccinations that are due. To schedule your pet’s wellness exam at Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital, call our Riverview, FL office today at (813) 670-8881.
Share this Article
Dr. Keshava Eega
Pavilion Crossing Animal Hospital
Dr. Keshava Eega moved to the United States in 2003 to further his passion for practicing high-quality and modern veterinary medicine in a challenging environment. Having graduated from the College of Veterinary Science in Hyderabad, India, he then completed his Master’s in Animal Science and the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam in 2006. Dr. Eega then completed his clinical rotations at the Louisiana State University, School of Veterinary Medicine and subsequently obtained his license to practice Veterinary Medicine in the state of Florida. Dr. Eega possesses thirteen years of experience in corporate practice in Orlando as both an Associate Veterinarian and a Lead Doctor. Through the course of his tenure, he has gained vast and widespread experience and exposure in both the practice of high-quality veterinary medicine and soft tissue surgeries. He also possesses professional interests in preventive care, senior pet care, skin cases, nutrition, behavior and wellness exams, particularly for both cats and dogs. Dr. Eega also possesses Fear Free certification which enables him to rid pets, owners and even veterinary health care teams of fear, stress, and anxiety. Hence, in the hands of Dr. Eega, you can be assured that your pet receives modern, customized care in a comfortable environment!